Friday, March 30, 2007

:( (Warning: pity party ahead)

This is not going to be a blog about selling a house... Honestly! There's just no news on the adoption front so there's nothing really to write there. I really am trying to keep a right perspective about the house stuff though, and this is one place for me to hash out all my frustrations, so I can get out all the "ugly" and then put forth the right attitude. Cause I know what's right, it's just that sometimes I gotta get the emotions out so I can feel what's right. What's right is that it is just a house, and God will provide in His time, in His way, and I gotta deal with that. His plan is better than ours anyway.

The house that we really, really wanted....dream house in bank foreclosure... is under contract.

:(

Just logged onto the MLS and found it.

Keep in mind the realtor, who is friends with our realtor, promised to keep her abreast of all activity. Went under contract, and I'll bet JH, our realtor has no idea. (Mini-vent-- sometimes I get tired of telling her what's going on in the market, new listings, price drops, other market activity... shouldn't she be telling US these things?? I know it's a new market with buyers having access to the MLS, but still!!!) We lost that house. And our house is still. sitting. here. UNSOLD. In two weeks, our house will have been on the market for a year.

DH has kinda kicked into pro-active gear lately... I think it's his way of dealing with it. He's mulching, planting flowers, wanting to change the front door, paint shutters (if we could agree to a color) changing out our antique dishwasher finally. I think he's trying to feel some control in selling our house, this situation where we have no control. We had done tons of positive changes a year ago, JH agreed everything was great, we put in AC.. did all the right things. Now I kinda feel like we're just grasping at straws. I don't know if any of those things (except maybe the dishwasher) will truly help sell a house. Yes, maybe do a little for the curb appeal. But the bottom line is we seem to hear for the millionth time "It's a really nice house, it shows well, but it's too small for my clients." gag. puke. rant. No amount of flowers will change that.

So... do we lower our price? again? will it even make a difference?? We're talking about doing 319, but will that even make a difference? Even if we drop to like 299... which is significantly lower than our comfort level of buying another house... would it sell? And what kind of offers will that bring it?? 275?? That's laughable, considering what other houses, NOT as nice as ours, with half as much land are selling for. WHY WON'T OUR HOUSE SELL?? Are people who are shopping in that price range, still expecting more house for that price? People's expectations of a starter house, in a starter house price range are just not realistic. Other realtors, who have no reason to protect our feelings, have said it's a nice house, and priced right. But just not for their clients.

I'm angry. Frustrated. Sad. I had such dreams for the dream house. DH and I had talked about so many things. I feel stuck. If our house had sold in the last few weeks, we would have it. Even the cheap land on E Road that we had considered for building is now sold. All the good options for us to buy have sold, while we sit. Stuck. Unable to sell our house.

The longer this goes on, the tougher it is to not start looking at JH Realtor as our problem. It is her job to sell our house. And it has NOT sold. I love her as a person and as a friend, but there's got to be something we're missing. Even in this slow market, one year is ridiculous.

And it doesn't help that she showed our house to her sister 6 weeks ago or so, and her sister and boyfriend loved it. They were so excited, and said if the financing worked out, they would seriously consider it. It was all they wanted. They went and met with a broker, and figured out there was "no way they could afford it" according to JH. Their top number was a good 25K below our selling price and they could not stretch themselves that far. She said they were disappointed but they were going to keep looking at lower priced houses. That was totally fine, and understandable. Well this week, JH told me they bought a house, closing this week. It came out in conversation that they bought a house slightly MORE expensive than ours. What happened to not being able to afford ours?? If they didn't want to buy our house, fine, but don't tell me they couldn't afford it when they bought a more expensive house. Like Dr. Phil says, don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Ahh... I know I'll have more faith about all of this later, but right now I'm just sad that dream house is gone. Tired of limbo-land.

No comments: